GeoSkin® Straw & Cotton Plant Hydromulch is designed especially for erosion protection and vegetation establishment on mild to moderate slopes, 4:1 to 3:1. It is manufactured within a set of quality guidelines established only after several years of product development and testing were completed. Extreme care is taken to oversee the growth of the raw materials, the processing, packaging and shipping as well as the research and development of this and other landscaping materials, like GeoSkin®XT Hydromulch, made with reclaimed cotton plant material. That means consistent quality, excellent performance and unparalleled customer satisfaction.
By nature, cotton plant materials provide for porosity and are absorbent and biodegradable, an unaltered, near-perfect component for hydromulch. A patent-pending blend of straw, cotton plant materials, additives and tackifiers are combined to make GeoSkin® Straw & Cotton Plant Hydromulch not only strong, but earth-loving and easy to apply. GeoSkin has not only demonstrated excellent results in seed establishment, but is non-toxic and will not harm wildlife, fish or water quality.
HELPS YOU COMPLY WITH EPA EFFLUENT GUIDELINES
GeoSkin can keep your project in compliance with the EPA's effluent guidelines without the need for treating water with flocculants or using advanced water treatment systems. See a summary and timetable of the EPA effluent guidelines.
- Consider the benefits of GeoSkin:
- Grows grass fast
- Low water-to-mulch ratio yields fast application
- Bales break easily for fast mixing
- Consistent slurry provides for smooth and easy application
- Low carbon-to-nitrogen ratio prevents nutrient competition with desired vegetation
- No synthetic fibers; fibers are 100% biodegradable
- Made with reclaimed material that is annually renewable
- Extra tackifier improves the bond, ensuring better erosion control performance over time
- Beneficial carbon-to-nitrogen ratio, important for soil quality and grass growth